Young people face a lot of challenges. What’s happening with studies, at home, work, or with friends can have an impact on your wellbeing and mental health. Sometimes it can feel a bit out-of-control.
Exercise and eating healthy can play a big part in getting you back-on-track, but where do you start?
Uplift is a FREE 6 week active wellness program designed for people aged 16-24. Uplift is run by a friendly team of Y NT staff who support young people to enhance their physical health, and boost overall wellbeing; all whilst having fun and connecting with peers.
What’s included in the program?
- 6 weeks FREE fitness membership at your chosen centre, including group fitness classes and small group training
- Gain skills and knowledge around a range of topics, including exercising safety, the benefits of exercise, goal setting, eating healthy, and positive mental health strategies.
You are eligible to register if you are:
- Between 16-24 years old
- Would like support to get back on track with your fitness and wellbeing due to facing some challenges with mental health, stress with studies, family life or friends
- Feel comfortable in a group setting
We also welcome referrals from parents, caregivers, youth and service providers working with groups of young people to submit registrations on-behalf of young people that want to join the program.
Find out more about uplift...
Upcoming Program Dates:
- 11 November 2021 - Choose to come Tuesday 3:45-5:15pm or Saturdays 9:00-10:30am
- 28 February 2022 - Choose to come Tuesday 3:45-5:15pm or Saturdays 9:00-10:30am
- 16 May 2022 - Choose to come Tuesday 3:45-5:15pm or Saturdays 9:00-10:30am